Wood Earrings

Another of my Granddaughters saw some tiny log slice earrings in a shop in Finland and thought it would be an excellent thing for Granny to make for her! I like a challenge and so I set about the task.

First I had to find a suitable stick...
Then I used the band saw to make 4 slices and carefully sanded each side.

Next I drilled a small hole into the top of each one...
I burned Christmas trees on each side of one pair and small downhill skiers on the other pair, as my granddaughter is an avid skier, adding a little sparkle to the Christmas trees using sparkly gel pens. A coat of varnish finished them off before adding the silver plated earring hooks purchased previously. I shall definitely be making some more with different themes in the future.

As always, if you have any questions please post a comment and I will do my best to answer them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upcycled Violin Lamp

Mincemeat Oat Slices

DIY Inkle Loom