Mincemeat Oat Slices

As it was raining today, I thought some hearty baking was in order! I had small amount of mincemeat left in the ‘fridge and thought it was time I used it up. 
I used an easy recipe I found on Pinterest at www.yummly.co.uk (https://pin.it/5DOOubX).

Mix the dry ingredients together:
1.5 cups plain flour
1.75 cups of porridge oats
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt

In a separate bowl, mix 1/2 cup (110g) of butter with 1 cup of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence,
Then combine both mixes together.
Spoon half the mixture into a greased 13”x9” tin and press down firmly (I use a potato masher).
Spread one cup of mincemeat over the top and cover with the rest of the mixture, firming down again. Bake at 170°C for about 20-25 minutes until lightly browned.
Leave to cool slightly before cutting.
Delicious!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upcycled Violin Lamp

DIY Inkle Loom